So I've been a little out of sync with the "Make Your Own Adventure link up". While everyone else was exercising, I was uncluttering my house. Then I was exercising while they'd moved on to food themed goals. I'd really like to participate, so I'm going to jump on board for this month's theme of Organization.
Organizing is one of my favorite things to do. I'd happily write a goals post every month just about organizing. But I think everyone else would be bored to tears, so I won't. I had a few things on my Quarterly Goals list for organization, specifically uncluttering, organizing our storage area, and rehanging all the wall art that'd fallen down. And I'm happy to report that it is all done! My non-organization goals are another story... but that's not what today's post is about.
So, since I've gotten my fall organization goals accomplished already, here's a few more that I'd like to tackle this month.
November Organization Themed Goals
- 1. Kitchen Junk Drawer - Eliminate and find a place for everything in it(I hate that I let this happen. Just because a junk drawer is a thing does NOT mean every household needs one.)
- 2. Resolve Hall Closet Shoe Situation- We all toss our shoes in there and I think rather than fight it, I'll just get a shoe rack to put them on. And something for hats and gloves.
- 3. Make a Place for Holiday/Seasonal Items - Probably just a storage bin, but ideally I'd like to get everything in one place rather than scattered amongst the other stored items and boxes.
- 4. Plan and Purchase ALL Christmas Gifts! - It's late enough in the year that it's starting to really bother me that I haven't done it. We're doing Christmas in CA this year, so gifts will have to be small and I'd like to have something thoughtful since I can't make up for quality with quantity this year.
- 5. Solidify Travel Plans - There are a few things percolating: Christmas, sister's bachelorette party, my own potential elopement, and I know my brain will feel quieter and less "cluttered" if we know where we're staying and how we're getting there.
- 6. Backup Computer - I'm frighteningly behind on this and my computer keeps giving me "blue screen of death" scares.