We're almost to the new year and I'm doing some reflecting!
I link pretty freely to posts I like, especially the ones that influence me to write my own post. But sometimes a lot of people are talking about, and making good points on, certain topics and it feels like a shame that I can't share them all.
So from now, I'm going to! And because I'm super lazy, I'm only going to do it once a year (hear that, future self? Remember to do this in a year.) A side benefit of this is that we can look back at the things that happened this year and reflect on what we were all thinking and what events inspired those thoughts. Here's a compilation of all the awesome, thought-provoking, and inspiringthings I read.
(Reminder: I'm still away, but I'll be back soon to discuss all the things with you!)
Blog Advice and Resources
- Venus Trapped in Mars (not a post but sooo helpful)- Blogging Tutorials (all of 'em)
- The Lady Okie - Blog Talk #1: How Do You Get So Many Comments? (and the rest of the series)
- A Peek at Karen's World- The Unofficial Rules of Linking Up
- Helene in Between - Pinterest For Your Blog
- Helene in Between - Why I'm Reading Your Blog
- The Life of Bon - Sponsorships: The Customer is Always Right?
- The Daily Tay - Six Things Bloggers Should Stop Worrying About
- The Florkens - Need a Blog Post Idea? Let's "LIST" It....
Body Shaming & Self Image
- Ladyface Blog - On Body Image
- Clothesline Confessional - I Am More Than Beautiful
- Confessions of a Jazzercise Junkie - Ten Ways to Love Your Body....
- Not All About That Bass
- The Grand Adventures of Me- You Know I'm All About That Bass . . . But Not Skinny Shaming
- Anastasia Amour - 3 toxic body statements you need to avoid
- Anastasia Amour - Seriously, enough with the thigh gap already
Feminism and Sexism
- Avoiding Atrophy - My #YesAllWomen Post
- The Bloggess - Women Who are Ambivalent about Women Against Women AgainstFeminism
- The Style Dunce - Let's stop fighting straw men
- A Peek at Karen's World - I don't need feminism because...Wait, what?
- The Style Dunce - The f-word and everyday sexism
Going Against the Current
- Just Beachy - I Don’t
- The Florkens - Why I didn't take Adam's last name...
- Sarah Christine Style - What I Wish Women Knew: The Possibilities in Technology are Endless
Humor (because, let's face it, everything else is pretty serious)
- The Bloggess- This bird is NOT HAVING ANY OFIT.
- The Style Dunce -How to fight like a real housewife
- The Daily Tay- What Do You Do When Your Blog Traffic Takes A Dip?
- The Lady Okie - How to Kill a Basil Plant (in 10 easy steps)
- The Daily Tay- The Black Hole of Ikea
- The Lady Okie - How to Start Running | Part 4: 3 Ways to Avoid Injury (full series is great!)
- The Style Dunce - The best make-up advice I've ever received
- Everyday's a Hollyday - Moving Tips to Make Life Easy
- Life According to Steph - My Top Five Organizing Tips(and everything on her Hausfrauing page)
- Life According to Steph - The Cult of Positivity
- The Nectar Collective - How to Get Shit Done Even When You’re Totally Unmotivated
- The Style Dunce - How to recognize when the toxic person is you
I realize this is a bit limited, because I only started being active in the blogging community this past May, so this should really be titled "The Latter Part of Post Round Up" but I figured it's a good start. And I could have probably created a whole category for the Ice Bucket Challengebut I think we were all pretty sick of it by the time it faded away.
So these are all the posts that I found particularly impactful. What about you?